Jump to navigation Jump to search
Try the following tongue twisters for speaking or pronunciation practice.
- Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. A bear was Fuzzy Wuzzy. But Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. So he wasn’t fuzzy, was he? So was he bare?
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
- The big black bug bit the big black bear, but the big black bear bit the big black bug back!
- If two witches would watch two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
- Betty Botter bought some butter, but she said the butter’s bitter. If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter. But a bit of better butter will make my bitter batter better. So she bought some better butter, better than the bitter butter, put it in her bitter batter, and made her bitter batter better. So it was better that Betty Botter bought some better butter.
- How much myrtle would a wood turtle hurdle if a wood turtle could hurdle myrtle? A wood turtle would hurdle as much myrtle as a wood turtle could hurdle if a wood turtle could hurdle myrtle.
- Sally sells seashells by the seashore. So if Sally sells seashells by the seashore, where are the seashells that Sally sells?
- Thin sticks, thick bricks.
- Three free throws.
- I think that this myth is a mystery to me.
- Cassie threw Cathy a thick math book.
- Thelma sells thick thistles near the theater.
- I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought, had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought that thought.
- He thinks he’d rather get married when he’s thirty-three years old.
- Is this your sister’s sixth zither, sir?
- Three free thugs set three thugs free.
- All roads lead to Rome.
- Richard’s wretched ratchet wrench.
- The rice grows near the river.
- Clean yellow clams crammed in clean red cans. How can a clam cram into a clean cream can?
- Round and round the rugged rocks the ragged rascal ran.
- There are thirty thousand feathers on the thrush’s throat.
- Ah shucks, the six stick shifts stuck shut!
- The sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick.
- I think she should sit.